Friday 17 January 2014

Day 17 Beyond Half Way

At this half way point it might be good to summarise the benefits (and otherwise) of this bout of exercise in Janathon.

Benefits
  • Less backache in the lumbar region. A bonus I had not expected and wonder if it is because I have worked the upper back so it takes more of the strain?
  • Improved posture. Connected with the above maybe?
  • Improved memory and mental acuity. Difficult to measure as it is only a perception.
  • Generally feeling more energetic.
  • Sleeping better
  • Finding out just how lazy I am.
  • Finding out just how clever I am (at excuses).
  • Realising that I don't stick to plans and constantly shift them.
  • Realising how difficult it can be to combine modern life with exercise.
  • Realising that I CAN run if I can be bothered.
  • Finding that exercise (even running) CAN be enjoyable.
Non-Benefits
  • Sleeping too long and therefore missing an exercise class today!
So today I swam non-stop for 30 minutes instead of going to Senior Circuit.

1 comment: