Sunday 5 January 2014

Day 5 An Epiphany

The plan today was to take my making-do gym kit to church, then walk to the gym, do some weights, then walk home. I managed the first bit - getting the kit to church, well actually I left it in the car, but wimped out totally when it was time for the five minute walk to the gym, because of the pouring rain. Decided going home, in the car, for a decent cup of coffee was preferable and further procrastination set in once I got there. However, the prospect of The Husband yelling at the telly for the next 90 minutes while West Ham got a pasting was enough to propel me out again, though I had to make two trips because I forgot my membership card the first time. The up-shot was sampling a few machines while watching silent simultaneous screens of West Ham losing to Notts Forest and Sheila Hancock losing out in a mixed race romance. It turned out right in the end (for Sheila Hancock, not West Ham) and staying to find this out, necessitated me doing 5 extra minutes on the treadmill and 5 on a cross-trainer that was going backwards. I rewarded myself with 10 minutes in the sauna and a further 10 in the bubbles. Not the ones that fade and die!

I haven't mentioned yet that I am also doing Dryathon, that is to say no alcohol throughout January. So far, so good until I got to the communion rail this morning. To sip or not to sip? Or change my beliefs to the doctrine of transubstantiation? A conundrum for mind, body and spirit.


Treadmill  - 20 minutes
Cross-trainer 10 minutes
Steps - 5 minutes
rowing machine - 5 minutes
Various weight machines for arms and legs that I can't remember the names of - 20 reps on each & 20kg weights

No comments:

Post a Comment