Thursday 23 January 2014

Day 23 Running, Ready or Not

Today I did not want to exercise, whereas yesterday I was raring to go. I woke dehydrated and hungry and feeling decidedly sluggish. Drinking lots of water and tea and eating toast with mashed banana and an orange helped. A bit. Teaching in the morning meant that the earliest I could get to the gym was 1.30pm, but I got there at 3.30pm after much procrastination and a five minute 'disco nap'. Maybe that should be a 'treadmill nap'? I decided to mix things up a bit to fool my body into burning more lard, so I started with the weights for arms, shoulders and lats and warmed up with five minutes on a bike. Then to the treadmill where I doubted I would manage a repeat of Week Four Couch Potato to 5k. I was definitely not fit to move onto week five. Maybe this was on account of the 9k walk yesterday, complete with two small sprints? Anyway, I MADE myself do the training and that was 30 minutes, 16 minutes of it 'running' between 7.8 and 8kph. Distance 3.5k.

Point of Possible Interest. Ledbury was featured simultaneously on the telly today as my eyes flicked between a baking programme and a property programme while on the treadmill. I've never been to Ledbury. Maybe I should go there to consume the cakes when my fat-burning gets out of control?

No comments:

Post a Comment