Thursday 2 January 2014

Day 2 Toddlers and Housework

Day Two and we still have visitors, but two of them, my son and daughter in law, are also doing Janathon. Their two year old daughter, my granddaughter Grace, is not. However she decided to join in. This mainly entailed pulling away her princess pillow, which I had put under my elbows for my elderly version of planking, or climbing onto Matt or Claire's back when they were doing proper planking. She also did some crunches. All in all, what with running around and shouting 'that's enough', a sentiment with which I heartily agreed, Grace probably did more exercise than the three of us put together. We were further challenged by the cleaner mopping around us. Come to think of it, she probably did more exercise than the rest of us too! There were three circuits of squats, lunges, planks, crunches, press-ups, but I went to make the coffee after two of them and Matt went for a run. I did a few circuits of the outside of the house with Grace including mad dashes to retrieve her from bushes and puddles. After a spot of bed-changing, tidying up, polishing and ironing ready for my parents-in-law's arrival, I wondered what else I could do to make this a good day of exercise, aside from alarming them with some hoola-hooping sans sports bra and decided to walk the two mile journey to the theatre where we are coming to the end of a five week run of The Snow Queen. In the end, I opted instead to make the most of the last hour of daylight and walk to Morrisons to take my coat to their dry cleaners. Unfortunately The Husband decided I should take a couple of his suits as well and a pair of trousers with chocolate on them. I'm guessing that the heavy bag also counts as weight-lifting? After a brisk walk there and all items checked in, I was told that I had to pay the £27 up front and I had only brought enough cash to buy more milk for the many cups of tea we need to provide. So the The Husband had to come and bail me out and after a tussle with the self checkout for the milk (unexpected item in the bagging area) I succumbed to being driven home.

Squats 50    Planks 2     Press-ups (well, HALF press-ups)  30     Lunges 60 per leg      Crunches 50 (not very good ones)    Wall squats (50 seconds each) 2      Tricep things    about 20    Miles jogged 0 Miles walked briskly 1     Weight-lifting with right arm 20 minutes      Weight=lifting with left arm 0
Thought of the day - maybe cleaning IS exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment