Saturday 11 January 2014

Day 11 Twixt Cup and Lip.

So will there be a slip regarding Dryathon? Actually I have belatedly realised it should be Dryathlon! I feel a slip coming on in honour of the after show party tonight, but I think it's justifiable after a five week run of The Snow Queen.

Back to Janathon. Today, after not enough sleep courtesy of The Teenager coming in late last night, I went for the less hearty option of swimming. Less hearty because it is weight-bearing and when you are carrying extra weight, as I am at the moment, being weightless is a very attractive proposition.

I started off in the kiddie pool, because it is warmer, but managed all of seven minutes before the kiddie dive-bombing became too hazardous. In that time I had done 30 push-downs with the foam weights under water and 30 of the same with added knee-bends followed by 12 lengths of the pool, half of them arms only on my back. In the training pool, I didn't count the lengths, just swam continuously for 20 minutes, alternating back and breast stroke. Without my glasses I failed to notice, till I had finished, that I had occupied the fast lane. Slowly. All the same, I rewarded myself with 10 minutes in the bubbles and five in the sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment