Saturday 4 January 2014

Day 3 Stealing Time.

Day Three. Visitors still here and nails had to be done. Gels, I'm a slave to them. Then we had to leave at midday for the matinee of The Snow Queen. These are my excuses up-front for being squeezed for time for exercise. So much so that it is Day Four now as I write this. So, quickly before I try out the  local gym for Day Four's exercise.

I walked to the nail bar and back. Half a mile max. Then attempted to be extra vigorous in the Umbrella Song in the show, adding a twirl, a perambulation and extended arm reach in umbrella waving. I added 20 lunges per leg in the interval but it upset the backstage crew so I had to wait till I got home. Once I had made the soup and pudding for our visitors, I retired to the bedroom with my dumbells to exercise in private before we served up and cleared away after a lovely three-course meal - the last of many we have served to visitors this past fortnight. So, not a great day for exercise, but so far I have seen the difficulties with setting aside time to exercise and why I have never done enough of it in my life!

Crunches 16    Lunges 50 per leg (with added dumbells)    Squats and dumbells 20    Curls 20  Lifts 20    triceps 2 (the end of the bed was the wrong height)    push-ups 25     Squat against the wall  60 seconds. Walk outside  0.5 miles. Walk inside (waiting on etc...) many miles.   Umbrella twirls  several.

No comments:

Post a Comment