Thursday 30 January 2014

Day 30 Who you gonna call?

Stress-busters, that's who. Once again, after a bad night with nightmares and panicky feelings, I felt rough again this morning. I dragged myself to the gym intending to get away with a few weights just so I could blog about doing something, but a strange thing happened as I headed for the weight machines. My feet seemed to veer of their own accord to the treadmill. Not feeling up to the usual routine, I started with five minutes walking at 6kph but soon found my hand twitching and jabbing the button to get it to 8kph. This felt easy and a bit too slow, so much so that my tum was up against the hand bars if I wasn't careful. And not because my tum was so huge. I couldn't decide whether to increase the speed or the duration so did neither and just alternated between walking at 5.6-6kph and running at 8kph in equal measure for 34 minutes. By the time I had showered and left the gym, the stress symptoms had calmed down and I felt almost normal, though it was an unfamiliar feeling so I can't be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment