Wednesday 22 January 2014

Day 22 Plodding on

After the whingeing rants and mathematical conundrums of the past two days, I will keep this brief. Well maybe after a quick foray into science. Or pseudo-science. I googled lots of things about running and weight loss and found out the possible reasons why I might not have lost weight. Not that I have actually weighed myself yet. They are:-
  • eating too much
  • not eating enough
  • the body getting used to exercise and therefore not burning as much fat
  • not running fast enough
  • needing to do more weight-training
  • needing to do some interval training ie bursts of sprinting
So today I have walked 9k with my friend Alison and this included two sprints. Well, Old-Lady-Sprints and I got too hot in my new parka. For good measure, I added two more on the spot 30 second sprints when I got home, and a plank, 10 tricep dips and 10 push-ups. Might do some more of that later.

Alison and I discussed the above and she said that weighing may not be a good idea anyway in case I've built some muscle. She says the waist and tummy measurements are a better indicator and they are going down. So that's it. Neurosis over for now and I'll keep plodding on.

No comments:

Post a Comment