Wednesday 8 January 2014

Day 8 Skipping and a-Jogging

I have noticed in the past two days that the aches and pains from the first 'jog' and the 'living room workout' have been subsiding and I am hoping that is because of the sustained effort of using those muscles each day. Also my chronic lower back pain is easing a little and maybe this is due to building up a bit of core strength? So, suitably encouraged by this and making it to the end of week one and my son Matt, who is also a Janathoner, blogging that he is proud of my efforts, I set out for a walk this morning. Dilemma. Does this count as exercise because walking regularly with my friend Alison is usual for me? On the other hand, we have not done so for over a month because of Christmas visitors, my show etc... Decided that, although five or six miles on the flatlands of Chester IS usual, jogging is not. Alison does jog regularly, but she is not doing Janathon. She is a proper athlete and her running has kept her weight down without having to diet for the past 18 months, so I am hoping for the same. We had a good catch-up and, when I told her about a proposed theatrical project, she was so excited that we broke out into spontaneous skipping. We then added in three lots of deliberate jogs. She had to slow me down so we could still talk, I told her I jog quickly because I hate it and want to get it over with. Actually, I found myself secretly quite enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. hah, i can picture the two of you skipping along.

    ReplyDelete